• groups
  • blogs
  • Support
  • seeds
  • strain reviews
Welcome to Hydrocanna.com! We are a Medical Marijuana Community of Marijuana Growers, Seed Breeders, Medical Marijuana Vendors and Medical Marijuana Patients. Our Goal is to help you improve your gardening skills.
HC started and has quickly grown to be a reputable source of cannabis information. The name came from THC itself “( Tetrahydrocannabinol - THC )”.It's FREE and only takes a few seconds to get started! Our HydroCanna APP for iphone here HydroCanna Itunes APP OR the Android APP HydroCanna Android APP



Results 1 to 13 of 13




  1. #1

    Default flower with metal halide?

    Okay so because of certain circumstances I can only flower all of my plants one time to I want to make use of all my space and light so what difference will It make if I flower some of my girls under my 400 watt metal halide?
    DANK KUSH GROW

    Patient/Compliant SB 420; Prop 215
    Reply With Quote
     
  2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement
    Join Date
    Always
    Location
    Advertising world
    Posts
    Many
     

  3. #2

    Default

    The light spectrum of MH should boost the trich production . You might lack growth though without the hps, so your yield could suffer.

    You might want to try looking into getting a Ceramic MH setup, that bulb has full spectrum so you can veg and flower with one bulb. I wanna do that myself or at least try it out
    Reply With Quote
     
  4. #3

    Default

    yep go conversion bulb or cmh..
    mh will create good trics, killer bud, but it will be way less dense, and stretching is pretty bad under them during flowering..
    mh conversion bulbs(go in hps system) are great, all the red spectrum to counter stretch, and all the blue spectrum of a mh wich boost trics and thc levels..

    ceramic metal halides give a really great full spectrum..great colors across the board..
    prob the best imo..

    mh are mostly just blue, wich is good for veg growth as the use that spectrum more than any other at that time in there life.

    HPS are mostly red..
    wich is used more by flowering plants then blue is

    but a rule of thumb..closer you can get to a full spectrum(blue and red together etc..)
    is always best
    Reply With Quote
     
  5. #4

    Default

    Quote: Originally Posted by custom View Post
    yep go conversion bulb or cmh..
    mh will create good trics, killer bud, but it will be way less dense, and stretching is pretty bad under them during flowering..
    mh conversion bulbs(go in hps system) are great, all the red spectrum to counter stretch, and all the blue spectrum of a mh wich boost trics and thc levels..

    ceramic metal halides give a really great full spectrum..great colors across the board..
    prob the best imo..

    mh are mostly just blue, wich is good for veg growth as the use that spectrum more than any other at that time in there life.

    HPS are mostly red..
    wich is used more by flowering plants then blue is

    but a rule of thumb..closer you can get to a full spectrum(blue and red together etc..)
    is always best
    Are the differences in yield signifigant ? Or slight differences?
    And thanks for your help guys I'm going to gtet one of those bulbs
    DANK KUSH GROW

    Patient/Compliant SB 420; Prop 215
    Reply With Quote
     
  6. #5

    Default

    Quote: Originally Posted by roorgalore View Post
    Are the differences in yield signifigant ? Or slight differences?
    And thanks for your help guys I'm going to gtet one of those bulbs
    whoa whoa whoa, hold on there. I don't think you can just get a CMH bulb. I'm not positive but I'm pretty sure I read somewhere that it requires a certain ballast setup. Hopefully someone can check me on that and provide a more defining answer. I'll run a search afterward though. but you can always do the conversion bulb that is mh/hps in one, that'll work just fine, maybe that's what you were talking aboot.

    I believe that the differences will be pretty noticeable. But you'll have some really frosty buds in exchange.
    Reply With Quote
     
  7. #6

    Default

    Quote: Originally Posted by roorgalore View Post
    Are the differences in yield signifigant ? Or slight differences?
    And thanks for your help guys I'm going to gtet one of those bulbs
    they are not much..i'd sat very slight if any at all..i feel it comes down to feeding reg and healthy plants more than anything..imho
    i will say that full on hps, does yield a bit more in the flowering stage, but imho..they grow really well and much healthier in a fuller spectrum..
    with conversion and cmh..there really is only a hair difference cause your getting the same reds from the hps in there but not as bright..
    so you sacrifice a little light pen, for a better spectrum...
    but i cant see the light pen difference myself..
    they say its a 36-40,000 lumen output vs hps hortilux of 55,000L
    but when i stuck a plantmax mh conversion in my setup..it seemed to get brighter! so i think the lumen calc needs to be checked again..lol
    dont have a 100 light meter so i cant check it lol
    the hps yield a hair more cause the red is the only color present..and they tend to get used to the focus red and yield a hair more..
    but under conversions or cmh bulbs..they will be almost just as big..healthier, tastier and stronger..


    i use 3 400watters..two hortilux hps and the mh conversion in the center..my area is 6x6 basicly..
    so there close together and really dig into each other over the canopy to create a really intense red spectrum with a mix of blues from the center conversion bulb..
    the cmh do not work in digital ballast so if yours is digi, then finding a mh conversion is going to be your best bet..
    your system is a 400watt hps correct? if its non digi..and a hps system..get a ceramic metal halide from phillips..
    there 50 bones and best bulb out right now for hid non digi hps systems



    also with a conversion or cmh bulb, you can grow in veg or flower with awesome results..its perfect for both..so no bulb changes..just one universal bad mofo..
    Reply With Quote
     
  8. #7

    Default

    Quote: Originally Posted by soapman View Post
    whoa whoa whoa, hold on there. I don't think you can just get a CMH bulb. I'm not positive but I'm pretty sure I read somewhere that it requires a certain ballast setup. Hopefully someone can check me on that and provide a more defining answer. I'll run a search afterward though. but you can always do the conversion bulb that is mh/hps in one, that'll work just fine, maybe that's what you were talking aboot.

    I believe that the differences will be pretty noticeable. But you'll have some really frosty buds in exchange.
    looks like were same time postin lol
    ya your all over it, i covered it in my last pot for ya
    cheers dude and your giving good info
    they work in any magnetic hps..has to be non digi
    had to come back ya up on the cmh and conversions lol
    Reply With Quote
     
  9. #8
    ☠ ██████████████ ☠ White Widow Man's Avatar

    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    ████████
    Posts
    7,251

    Default

    I only grow with HPS .. .. *( Minus Vegging 4 Mothers )

    Tight Nodes, .. If anything, .. Personally I would Veg + Flower All in HPS Bro .. .. : )
    Dig It, ...

    Smoke hard, Grow Hard ...

    Do it, n, Dig It ... . Yeah.
    Reply With Quote
     
  10. #9

    Default

    see, the prob is...a ton of folks switch the bulb out from the hps to the cmh or conversion, and dont realize they run a but cooler..so they never lower the light that extra few inches..wich the inverse sqaure law just works against them at that point..lowering the yield and light pen..

    they also dont change the feeding reg..giving it more nitrogen in flowering then they normaly would to counter the blue..(just pump the bloom stuff wich they use up fast under just red or hps)

    the reason they grow more powerfull and create more trics is cause of that blue spectrum in the cmh or mhc..
    they bleach a little under hps only, but under the other, they bleach way less..cause the blue light is allowing them to create the Chlorophyll easier..keeping them so healthy lookin..
    you can see the difference fast when switching out or compairing..
    Reply With Quote
     
  11. #10

    Default

    Quote: Originally Posted by White Widow Man View Post
    I only grow with HPS .. .. *( Minus Vegging 4 Mothers )

    Tight Nodes, .. If anything, .. Personally I would Veg + Flower All in HPS Bro .. .. : )
    hahaha yeah except your crazzzy

    mucho respecto for you widow dood, you know that

    Quote: Originally Posted by custom View Post
    see, the prob is...a ton of folks switch the bulb out from the hps to the cmh or conversion, and dont realize they run a but cooler..so they never lower the light that extra few inches..wich the inverse sqaure law just works against them at that point..lowering the yield and light pen..

    they also dont change the feeding reg..giving it more nitrogen in flowering then they normaly would to counter the blue..(just pump the bloom stuff wich they use up fast under just red or hps)

    the reason they grow more powerfull and create more trics is cause of that blue spectrum in the cmh or mhc..
    they bleach a little under hps only, but under the other, they bleach way less..cause the blue light is allowing them to create the Chlorophyll easier..keeping them so healthy lookin..
    you can see the difference fast when switching out or compairing..
    So just to clarify from your earlier posting...as long as your ballast isn't digital you can run a CMH? I'm runnin a magnetic mh/hps, I've been thinking about tryin a cmh myself. Full Spectrum sounds great to me.
    Reply With Quote
     
  12. #11

    Default

    WWman is crazy..dude...
    a
    and a fine grower as well
    gotta love that guyand Dio rules

    ya soapman, most deff.

    if your ballast is a switchable mh/hps and magnetic..toss it on hps, throw in the cmh..should work no problem..

    but they do not work in a digi system, correct, only magnetic hps..or switchable on hps setting..

    growlightexpress has lots of info on the cmh for the 400watt and 250watt..
    http://www.growlightexpress.com/page...e-pv-c0-2.html


    they also sell them for about 50-55$
    Reply With Quote
     
  13. #12
    ooops stoooned Stoner's Avatar

    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    santa cruz mountains
    Posts
    2,056

    Default add to this hijack hehe

    So, I have been veggin with Phillips 400w mercury vapor but un verified as far as age. I just flipped to HPS 400 horti super to see differences. I heard it is ok to veg with hps just not so ok to bloom with MH. More input, ? thanks
    I like to grow cannabis
    Reply With Quote
     
  14. #13

    Default

    yep thats true...plain mh has almost no red spectrum..wich is horible for the flowering phase..

    hps has a tiny bit and plants can adjust to the red and veg..they veg a little differently, stretch a little..
    but it works for sure..

    my first adventures many years ago were like that..all i had was a hps 430watt hydrofarm..
    i used it for veg and bloom, but the cmh or mh conversion , in a hps system, is got all the hps red and all the mh blue together in one bulb..
    the cmh has that and everything in between.
    Reply With Quote
     

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

     

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Sponsors: DabCity | San Diego Cannabis Collective | Advertise with Us!Link to UsHydrocanna.com

© Copyright 2008-2011 HydroCanna.com - All rights reserved.
An exclusive design Owned by: High 5 Media LLC.